BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANISATION
Fundação AFID Diferença, established on 23 June 2005, is a Institution of Social Solidarity recognized as a Collective Person of Public Utility and serving a wide population, in numerous responses support the great needs in the social area, starting with early intervention, accompanying Children, Young People with Disabilities and at risk and cumulating with Support for the Elderly. The AFID Diferença Foundation was established by the National Association of Families for the Integration of People with Disabilities – AFID, which has more than 30 years of existence and experience, creating a movement to support People with Disabilities and their Families.
AFID Diferença’s vision is to promote Active Life with Quality for People with Disabilities and other Target Audiences, in an Inclusive Society, having as a mission the promotion of autonomy and social support, health, education and training in a sustainable way, combating exclusion, protecting customers, the Foundation's assets and guaranteeing Excellence in the provision of services.
The AFID Diferença Foundation aims to:
Promote the creation of structures that guarantee Quality Rehabilitation, Health, Education, Training, Deinstitutionalization and Integration of Persons with Disabilities, their Families and other disadvantaged groups.
Develop support actions for disadvantaged and isolated populations, namely the Elderly and Young People.
Develop Art-Therapeutic and Cultural activities with authors with Disabilities and other disadvantaged groups, with a view to Inclusion.
Awaken interest in the community in the problems of Disability and disadvantaged groups.
Promote activities for the protection and early detection of Disability.
HOW THE ORGANISATION WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISSEMINATION AND EXPLOITATION OF THE PROJECT RESULTS
AFID-Diferença will participate in the evaluation of the project results, thus providing the perspective of other potential beneficiaries, and will contribute to the dissemination and exploitation of the project results (such as training products) by making them available to its members and communities. It will also participate in multiplier events where it will promote a wider debate on the objectives and impact of the project and encourage other organisations operating in the field of education and training to join the project as associated partners to promote the use of the project results with their target groups.
Thus, the roles can be
1. Participation in the evaluation of the project results.
2. Contributing to the dissemination and exploitation of the project results by making them available to their members and communities. (e.g. linking to the project website on their web pages).
3. Recruitment of students for the online course product (course piloting).
4. Providing professionals for the different data collection activities (Delphi panel and focus groups). 5. Participate in multiplier events.
6. To involve other private and public institutions to join as partner entities that commit themselves to be part of a wider exploitation of the three contents of the results with their target groups (people with intellectual disabilities and specialised professionals).
Finally, the AFID-Diferença Foundation allows to reach the target population of the project in an agile, efficient, and focused way, being an institution of recognized prestige at the local and national level. In turn, and if necessary, they will be able to activate, as Associate Partner, their institutional contacts network for the activities that could require it.